Color Legend Permissions
It is possible to designate specific users to be Campaign Calendar super users using a supplemental permission set. These designated users will have the ability to manage the Company Color Settings, which allows them to change the color legend for different campaign types and update the color settings for all other users. Since the Company Color Settings are global, we recommend limiting this access to a few select marketing power users. Separately, each user will have the option to manage his or her own personal color settings.
- From Setup, navigate to Users | Permission Sets.
- Click on Campaign Calendar - Color Management.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments.
- Select users.
- Click Assign.
- Click Done to confirm.
Color Settings [Color Management Permission Set]
Users with the Color Management permission set can modify the Campaign Color Settings. Keep in mind, changing this setting is global and will be visible to all Campaign Calendar users.
- In Campaign Calendar, click on the Color Settings icon in the toolbar.
- This will open the Color Settings Window. Step 1: To manage the color settings for all users, select Company Color Settings.
- Step 2: Select the Field that you want to manage. It is possible to color-code on any standard or custom Campaign picklist or checkbox fields.
- Step 3: Modify colors for values using hex values or by using the color picker.
- Click Save.
Field Sets allow administrators to add, remove, or reorder fields in Campaign Calendar without modifying any code.
Note: The process to modify field sets is not currently available in the Salesforce Lightning interface and can only be done in Salesforce Classic. If you are in Lightning, you would have to Switch to Classic to modify field sets. However, once the changes are made, they will apply to both Classic and Lightning.
- From Setup, navigate to Customize | Campaigns | Field Sets.
- Click Edit next to the Campaign Calendar Field Set.
- Make desired changes:
- Add Fields: You can add fields to the Campaign Calendar record layout by dragging fields from the object palette and dropping them into the In the Field Set container.
- Remove Fields: To remove a field from the Campaign Calendar record layout, drag that field from the In the Field Set container back to the object palette. Alternatively, hover over that field and click on the X that appears.
- Mark Fields as Required: In the In the Field Set container, locate the field that you want to be required in Campaign Calendar and double click on it. Alternatively, hover over that field and click on the Wrench icon that appears. In the prompt, select the Required checkbox and click OK. This will make the field required in Campaign Calendar and will prompt users to always enter a value.
- Reorder Fields: To reorganize the fields on the Campaign layouts, drag fields up or down the In the Field Set list and drop them in the desired order. Keep in mind that in Campaign Details summaries display in two columns. Therefore, every other field will appear in the left or right column.
- Click Save.
Campaign Mini Page Layout
Hovering over any Campaign in Month or Plan View will display a mini page layout containing Campaign details. Fields displayed in the hover are easily customized by modifying the Campaign Mini Page Layout.
- From Setup, navigate to:
- Lightning: Objects and Fields | Object Manager and select Campaign. Click on the Page Layouts tab.
- Classic: Customize | Campaigns | Page Layouts.
- Click Edit next to the Campaign Layout.
- At the top of the purple box, click on Mini Page Layout.
- Move the desired fields from Available Fields into Selected Fields (and vice versa). The order of the fields in the Selected Fields box will reflect what gets displayed on the mini page layout in Campaign Calendar.
- Click Save.
- Click Save again on the Page Layout screen.
Campaign Calendar allows users to download an ICS file for a view or an individual campaign. Administrators can disable this feature for their org if necessary.
- From Setup, navigate to Develop | Custom Settings.
- Click Manage next to Campaign Calendar Global Settings.
- Click Edit (or New if a global setting did not previously exist).
- Select the Disable the ICS Button checkbox.
- Click Save.
Campaign Calendar is optimized for a maximum of 2,000 list view results in monthly view and 4,000 results in planning view.
Printable By View: Monthly
Campaign Calendar monthly printable view is optimized for one-page printing, and has been tested in major browser versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari but individual printer and system configurations may require adjustment for proper printing. Here are a few hints to ensure successful printing.
- In Portrait view, it is recommended to limit the view to display a maximum of 40 campaigns.
- In Landscape view, it is recommended to limit the view to display a maximum of 30 campaigns.
- Remember to change your page set-up in your printer window to match the Portrait or Landscape selection in the Campaign Calendar printable view.
- Most modern browsers allow you to Save To PDF - a perfect way to distribute your Campaign Calendar via email.
Printable By View: Yearly
Campaign Calendar annual printable view is optimized for up to 165 campaigns per year. If you have greater than 165 campaigns displayed in your selected List View for a selected year, Campaign Calendar will still generate a PDF for the first 165 campaigns in the list.